Monday, July 13, 2015

Here We Go Again!

 
 
I've been dying to get back to blogging.  So after dying and coming back LOL, I decided to pry this site back open and express myself on this platform!  Not only are you lucky to be reading my blog, you have been brought here for a reason!  That reason I do not know, but we'll find out together.  How about that?  So let's go....
 
 
So what I have I been up to?  A couple of things, I suppose.  I'm on a weight loss/ healthy-me journey.  I was diagnosed with diabetes late last year and that kind of scared me a little.  So it's been a struggle, but I'm still rolling.  I'm doing better than I was so that's good news.  I'm borderline for the most part so with me consistently being borderline, I'm a diabetic.  My A1c was 6.5, now it's 5.9 ( I think).  I was put on Metformin for Diabetes and Pravastatin for Cholesterol and I don't like taking either one.  So my motivation really is to get off of the medication.  While I'm seeing this may not happen for a while even with good reports I'm fighting with a two-prong attack, health and fitness. 
 
 
I use Livestrong.com tracking religiously.  I really believe in it, it has helped me tremendously.  I log in my exercise there as well.  I have tried other websites like My Fitness Pal, but I always seem to go back to Livestrong.  I also use the Endomondo Android app for tracking my exercises.  I have always liked the layout and ease of use.  I wish the two apps would marry each other, that would be nice.  Anyhoo, my daily calorie count is a little under 1300 a day, but with 30 minutes to an hour a day exercise, I can eat more.  While I can eat more, I still try to stay clean.  My exercise routine usually consists of walking and sometimes a little jogging, an emphasis on the little or a high impact aerobics DVD depending on my mood.  I really feel good when I do my exercise.  Hopefully this blog will keep me gong-ho about it!
 
In tracking my daily food intake, I try to plan for the week or day what I'm going to consume.  This really protects me, but if I don't make the time, I try my best to stay away from sodas, juices, sugary drinks period, fried foods, and bread, rice pasta and sweets.  I try to incorporate yummy foods into my plan so I don't deprive myself. 
 

The #1 thing that I need to work on is weekend eating. Somehow my mind tells me that I have done good all week and I can reward myself.  I literally let myself go, so I have to start all over again the following Monday!  Sigh....I must move past this!  I must!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound off! I respect your opinion so please respect mine...carry on! :-)